Founded in 1955 by Bob Powell and Richard Zinn, the Vagabonds Drum & Bugle Corps was a marching unit that was sponsored by the Haddon Heights VFW. During their time in Heights, they won many awards, including a tenth place finish in the 1958 National Championships. In 1963, they moved to Pennsauken and Stratford, and the group disbanded after the 1968 competition season. The Vagabonds recently reformed as an alumni corps that performs exhibitions with other former corps.
For more information, go to www.sjvagabondsdrumandbuglecorps.com or call 1-609-634-5084. Thanks to Marlene Brown for the photos and the press release (from which the preceding summary was adapted).